- 2 lb. of wings
- 1 cup of AP flour
- 2 shots of Black Irish red sauce
- 1 shot of Honey
- 1 shot of Irish whiskey
- Peanuts roughly crushed
- Scallions finely sliced
- Crispy onions chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Ok let’s get a skillet on the hob and bring up to temperature…. 350f that’s 175c
- Let’s dredge the wings in the seasoned AP flour, in other words, get all of the wings nicely coated in the seasoned flour, shake off the excess flour and they are ready to hit the skillet.
- Now the wings are gonna take about 3 to 4 minutes on each side and when we turn the wings on the second side let’s get the sauce ready.
- In a small pan flambé or flame the whiskey. I’m gonna get the whiskey on fire burning off the alcohol. Turn the pan down low and once its COOLED add the whisky and CAREFULY flambé (making sure the flame is away from the overhead fan if you have one). *if you are not confident flambéing remove the pan from the flame and add the alcohol letting it evaporate for a minute without igniting.
- As the alcohol evaporates add the honey and the hot sauce, bring to the boil and remove from the heat.
- Add your sauce mix to a mixing bowl, drain your wings on a paper towel and add to the sauce
- Mix together coating the wings nicely, plate and dress with the garnishes