- 4 x 6oz piece of boneless beef short rib
- ½ cup of onion finely chopped
- 2 clove of garlic finely chopped
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 shot of Irish whiskey
- 2 shots of black Irish hot sauce with Irish whisky flavors Salt and pepper to taste
For the pickles
- 1 cup of cucumber thinly sliced
- 3tbsp white vinegar
- 1tbsp sugar
- 1TSP salt.
- OK lets begin by heating your oven to 375f and get a pan on the heat.
- Season the short rib pieces and sear in the pan browning the beef on all sides
- Once the beef is browned remove the beef from the pan and set aside, then add the onion and garlic to the same pan and sauté for 1 minute till soft
- Turn the pan down low and once its COOLED add the whisky and CAREFULY flambé (making sure the flame is away from the overhead fan if you have one). *if you are not confident flambéing remove the pan from the flame and add the alcohol letting it evaporate for a minute without igniting.
- Once the alcohol has cooked off add the hot sauce and the tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add the beef back into the pan, cover with a lid or some foil and broil in the oven for 2hrs
- While the beef is cooking add the salt, vinegar and sugar to the cucumber slices mix and coat well and let sit till the beef is cooked
- After 2 hours remove the beef from the oven, remove the short rib from the pan again and let to rest for a few minutes putting the sauce back on the hob at a low heat to keep warm
- Once the beef is cooled half the 6oz pieces and assemble the sliders using a piece of beef a spoon of sauce and a few cucumber pickle slices